The worship of our Lord is the vital heart of our parish life. We are a diverse community with many racial and ethnic backgrounds. We believe that we are called to be committed to one another and offer welcome to everyone young and old, rich and poor, strong and weak. We celebrate the Holy Eucharist on Sundays at 10:00am and on other special occasions.
The Sunday 1000am Traditional Service is accompanied by hymns from The 1982 and the Lift Every Voice and Sing II hymnals with full choir participation. The worship service is celebrated in contemporary English (Rite II, BCP). The children of our church lead the service on the 5th Sundays. Coffee and refreshments are served in the parish hall following this service.
The Sunday 10:00am Contemporary Service is accompanied by praise and worship music, along with Cursillo songs, contemporary gospel, songs from Lift Every Voice and Sing-LEVAS, and occasionally a hymn from The 1982 Hymnal. After the lessons are read, the Celebrant shares a devotion and invites reflections to be shared by the congregants. We are blessed to have gifted musicians who add immensely to each of our worship experiences. Coffee and refreshments are served in the parish hall following this service.
The children of our parish meet for Sunday School instruction in the months of September thru June during the 9:00 a.m. service. They join the congregation at the Eucharist and receive special blessings each Sunday.
Special Service Activities
- We enter Lent with traditional Ash Wednesday services. Each Friday during Lent we follow the Stations of the Cross. Entering Holy Week, we have the Blessing of the Palms and process in the neighborhood. On Maundy Thursday we have Eucharist followed by foot washing. Good Friday services are held with the traditional rite ending with the stripping of the altar.
- Our joyful celebration of Easter is followed by breakfast and egg hunt for the children.
- Our annual parish picnic is held in October at a local park where we fellowship in a beautiful natural setting.
- In the Christmas and Easter seasons, special presentations are given during joint worship services and Black History month is also observed.
- During the week members gather each Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. for Adult Formation through Bible or book study.